October 29, 2010

Push it to the Limit

Last night, my mission was nearly compromised. I pushed things a bit further than I should have. I was watching TV when Jessie had just finished showering. She comes and sits next to me and tries to start being intimate.

Come on! Not while I'm in the middle of watching TV! You're the one who made up that rule! Plus, I know she doesn't really want it. I know she's too tired, moody, and nauseated to try and make sweet, sweet lovin'. Believe me, I've tried.

I try to shrug off her advances, but she's pretty darn pesky. I really have to applaud her for her effort. There she is, towel still wrapped up in her wet hair, wearing her big ol' glasses and an old shirt, trying her hardest to seem sexy when she's dog-tired and not even in the mood. 

I can't help but feel touched that she's doing this all for me, but at the same time, I can't help but laugh and say how silly and unsexy she looks. I tell her to take a look at herself in the mirror.

Now before you let out a gasp of disbelief that I did such a thing, let it be known that my wife is one of the most beautiful person in the world. Like I've said, my problem is that I always say the wrong thing at the wrong time. But lo and behold, she didn't really get angry! Am I living in the Twilight Zone? This has never happened before.

Perhaps she really is the one that's changed and I'm still the bumbling idiot that I've always been. Perhaps she is the beauty and I am the loathsome beast. What a revelation. Or perhaps she's just too tired to garner the energy to argue with me. Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment