October 23, 2010

Luck of the Baby

Ever since Jessie's gotten pregnant, we've been on a lucky streak. For example, in the last lottery, we won $36. Before that, we hadn't won anything in months. In fact, I've never won more than $6 before. 

Also, the security guard at our apartment complex recently clued us in on how to park in the garage for free without paying a monthly fee. That's a savings of $120 a month! 

And don't get me started on the bird droppings on our car. Jessie claims it's a sign of good luck, and that we need to hurry and buy lottery tickets. It's happened twice, thus far. Twice, people! If bird poo really does bring more luck to people, I’m parking the car under trees from now on.

But our latest stroke of luck has been the best. Jessie's birthday and our one year wedding anniversary, Oct. 25, is coming up, so I decided to take her to the mountains for a little hot springs retreat in hopes of relieving her body of all its aches and pains.

Now, before you'all get your panties in a bunch and start telling me that I shouldn't be taking my wife to such places because she's pregnant, you need to remember who you're dealing with. That's right, you're dealing with the baby expert. Respect that title. And as such, I, of course, took all the necessary precautions. Good air circulation, water temperature that was only slightly warm, and only a 10 minute dip.

I had spent all last week researching and trying to find the perfect place to take her, so when I finally found it, I was thrilled. However, it's been raining nonstop for a week now and the forecast said it would be raining for another week. I was afraid that our weekend getaway would be spoiled by the rain, especially up in the mountains where everything is covered by a thick mist. If this happened, the room I got with a nice mountainous view would have been in vain.

However, I believed in the power of our unborn baby to make us lucky and decided to go for broke. I tempted fate and won! Though it was raining and extremely foggy when we got to the hotel last night, this morning, when we woke up, the weather was gorgeous and warm. I couldn't have planned things better. 

Who's the one who tried to convince me not to go last night, huh?! This was the one time where not listening to the wife paid off and didn't end with a trip to the couch. Don't doubt the power!

No comments:

Post a Comment