January 11, 2011

Seagal No More

Me: So, what does Seagal feel like eating tonight?
Jessie: Stop calling our baby, Seagal. That’s not her name.
Me: What are you talking about?
Jessie: I’m talking about how you keep calling our baby, Seagal. It’s starting to really annoy me.
Me: Oh. Sorry. I just thought Seagal was a really good name.
Jessie: It’s not, so please stop before I get pissed off.

Whelp, so much for making progress. Maybe I pushed my plan a little too fast and hard on the wife. As the painter and poet, Andrea del Sarto, once said in a poem by Robert Downing, “Less is more.” Unfortunately, del Sarto never had any kids, but I bet he would have been successful in convincing his wife if he had wanted to call his kid, Seagal del Sarto. Now that’s a sweet-sounding name.

No comments:

Post a Comment