January 30, 2011

Rejected

While out eating with our families today, Jessie mentions how I’ve been busying myself with IQ tests. Instead of congratulating and toasting me for my very superior intelligence, her sister bluntly states, “Instead of playing around with IQ tests, maybe you guys should start putting some more effort into figuring out a name for your baby.

As you might have guessed by her comment, the name Rosalyn hasn’t been a huge hit with people. The argument being that the name sounds too princess-like and reflects a person difficult to approach. I beg to differ, but obviously, my opinion counts for nil. We’re back to square one again, and I’m back to calling our baby, Baby. 

Maybe that’s why A.A. Milne called the rabbit in the Winnie the Pooh series, Rabbit. Because his family members didn’t approve of whatever name he came up with.

To Mr. Milne, I apologize for saying earlier that you were too lazy to come up with a proper name for Rabbit. I understand where you're coming from now. We're in the same boat, buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment