January 22, 2011

The Name Game

Now that the name, Seagal, is officially out of the running and we know for sure that our baby is a girl, I’ve started thinking of names again. Jessie’s niece’s name is Jocelyn. She’s 5 years old and very excited that we’re having a girl. As she matter of factly put it, “If it’s not a girl, I’m not going to play with it.” 

She has generously offered to donate all her old clothes to our baby. (More free stuff!) To show my appreciation for such a kind gesture, I thought it would be fun to give our baby a name similar to hers. I came up with Rosalyn. What’s cuter than rhyming names! 

It’s a Spanish name which means Little Rose. I think it sounds very proper and sophisticated. However, you can also shorten it and use the nickname, Rosie, which sounds more playful and happy. 

The only problem is Jessie’s family thinks the name is a bit difficult to pronounce. Come on! Like Jocelyn is any easier?! I told them to use Rosie instead. I won’t have another name rejected!

No comments:

Post a Comment