January 21, 2011

Here Comes Santa Claus

With my parents arriving tonight, Jessie and I finally high-tailed it and finished a list of things we need to buy for the baby. Can’t greet Santa without a wish list, right? 

In the end, I came up with a list of 28 things we needed to have ready for the newborn baby. Even though most of the things are relatively small, that’s a pretty impressive list for something so small and helpless. I saw some lists even longer on the Internet. 

I remember when we got a puppy as a kid, all we had prepared for it was an old towel to lie on, some dirty socks to play with, and a plastic container for food and water. Nothing to buy except dog food. Too bad human babies aren’t that easy.

The most expensive things on the list seem to be the car seat, breast pump, and diapers. If the wife can keep pumping out milk for a year and we use cloth diapers (we’re still deliberating), I figure we can save a bundle of money. 

I was also excited at the prospect of buying a stroller because there are some pretty sweet rides out there. If I can’t have the car of my dream, at least our baby can roll in style on a set of pimped out wheels. But if Jessie’s oldest sister is going to give us their old one, who am I to say, “No,” to a free handout.

No comments:

Post a Comment