January 18, 2011

The Beginning of the End

Dawgnabit! So much for keeping the streak alive. What was that? 2 days? Shoot, even the lowly Cleveland Cavaliers have had a longer win streak this season than me – 3. 

But I guess I shouldn’t beat myself over this. The wife told me she read a survey about how often married couples fight. Out of 365 days in a year, the average couple will have some sort of argument on 312 of those days. It’s good to know I’m in good company. 

And what was the streak-buster, you ask? I had made the suggestion that when my parents come into town, we could take them out to eat Mexican food. Jessie disagreed, saying they didn’t come all the way over here to Taiwan to eat Mexican food. 

I should have just consented, but me being me, I had to have the last word and replied back that I knew they would want to eat Mexican food, even though in all honesty, they probably don’t. And thus, was the beginning of the end for my streak.

No comments:

Post a Comment