January 24, 2011

The Mystery Man

While out at dinner last night with my parents, my dad talks about some trips they’ve made in the past year to various hot springs in the States. When he dad asked if we’ve been to any hot springs, Jessie replies back that she took me to one in Wu-lai, a city in Taiwan. Really? You have? For the record, I’ve never been to that city before, much less a hot spring there. This is just one of many disturbing comments I’ve been noticing from her. Here are some other examples.

Jessie: Look! Twilight is on TV. Remember when we watched it at the movie theater?
Me: Uh, I’ve never seen this movie before.
Jessie: Yes, you have. We watched it together!
Me: No, we didn’t. I only watch movies that star actors with the last name Stallone, Lundgren, Van Damme, Seagal, or Norris. I don’t know what guy you watched it with, but I sure do pity the fool. He’ll never get those two hours back.
Jessie: Remember the last time we ate at this restaurant? You said it was really good.
Me: Sorry, but I’ve never been here before.
Jessie: Yes, you have! You ordered a hamburger, fries, and strawberry milkshake.
Me: Well, it seems like whatever guy you went with had a good square meal. I do envy him.

Is being pregnant making the wife delusional? Is being pregnant making her get people and places mixed up? More importantly, who is this mysterious person she’s been going to all these places with? I plan to get to the bottom of this mystery!

No comments:

Post a Comment