November 27, 2010

Do You Believe in Miracles

Some instant messages sent by my wife:

Jessie: I pooped today.
Jessie: I am so happy.
Jessie: It made me feel better.

Sometimes the simplest acts can have the most profound impact. My side-splitting jokes and my earth-shattering news report didn’t amount to much when compared to her bowel movement, which hadn't paid her a visit in the last three days. 

All it took just a bit of poo to bring back some sunshine into my wife’s life. It was like reuniting her with an old friend. To this piece of poo, I am eternally grateful. Shall we adopt it as our second child?

Jessie's bowel movement was also responsible for an attitude change towards an old adversary of hers. That’s right…Steven Seagal! When we got home, Driven to Kill was on TV, and instead of her usual verbal rant, she actually happily sits down and watches the movie on her own free will. This whole event has made me start believing in miracles again.

No comments:

Post a Comment