February 15, 2011

You be the Judge

 
Her shirt or my free e-card. Which makes a better Valentine’s Day present? You can probably guess the wife’s answer, but I’ll let you be the judge after reading the facts.
  1. I’m a guy, not a girl or metrosexual. For the millionth time, don’t buy me clothes as presents! That’s like me giving you a tool kit. Would you like that? No, you wouldn’t.
  2. I’m a simple man with simple needs. All that’s really necessary is a heart-felt written card. But apparently my request falls on deaf ears. I have probably received more articles of clothing from her than cards.
  3. My e-card was a Hallmark e-card. Not some rinky-dink, no-name brand card. This is the Mercedes Benz of greeting cards, people!
  4. My e-card was personalized. Was her shirt personalized? I don’t think so. She’s the only one in the whole world who will ever possess that e-card which was written by me. Who knows how many other guys are wearing my shirt at this very moment.
  5. My e-card was funny. Who wouldn’t love to receive an e-card that has ducks flying across and dropping in to say a “quack” hello? Hilarious!
  6. My e-card was free. Need I say more? Harvard ain’t going to pay for itself. We gotta cut costs somewhere in order to save money.
In closing, I did it for the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment