February 20, 2011

The Tide is Turning

I haven’t brought up the topic of baby names with Jessie for awhile now. It’s a strategic move on my part. Jessie hasn’t thought of any decent names herself, so if I’m able to drag this out long enough, by the time the baby comes, Rosalyn will be the only choice on the table. The wife will have no choice but to accept it, unless she wants the baby to be officially called, No Name.

I’ve also managed to get some unexpected help in my baby name quest. To keep in touch with Sally and her family while they are in Italy, Jessie’s mom got an iTouch so we could Facetime with them. 

Apparently, Sally has already taught her kids what I want to name our baby, because if you ask her one year old son, Jack, what our baby’s name is, he will say, “Rosalyn.” Of course, he says it in a really cute way that only babies can pull off. How could you not like the name, Rosalyn, after hearing him say it?

I’m thrilled at this news. Jack has singlehandedly turned the tide in my favor. I wouldn’t want to confuse him later on by telling him that our daughter’s name has changed. It’s like thinking a person’s name is Jim your entire life, only to have him tell you one day that it’s really Cooter. This kind of stuff could really mess up a kid and turn his world upside down.

No comments:

Post a Comment