February 9, 2011

The Tape Don't Lie


Jessie:
My back really hurts when I’m sleeping.
Me: You need to sleep on your side, preferably your left side. This helps improve the circulation of blood and nutrients to the baby.
Jessie: Yea, but it’s still not very comfortable.
Me: Well, sleeping on your back the way you do isn’t much better. When you sleep on your back, the weight of the uterus lies on the spine, back muscles, intestines, and blood vessels. This can cause backaches, hemorrhoids, low blood pressure, and a decrease in circulation to your body and the baby.
Jessie: Hmm…
Me: Plus, sleeping on your back makes you snore super loud.
Jessie: I don’t snore!
Me: Trust me, you do. I’m going to record you tonight when you fall asleep.
Jessie: You better not.

(The next night)

Me: Check this out. I recorded your snoring yesterday night.
Recording: zzz…SNORK…zzz…SNARK…zzz…SNOOOARRKK!!!...zzz…
Jessie: Ok, you can go sleep on the couch now.

No comments:

Post a Comment