February 26, 2011

Bloody Disgusting


We just went to visit my cousin Gene and his wife, Doris, who just had a good-looking baby boy. While at the hospital, Gene recounted his horrifying experience with the birth of his son. 

For some reason, the doctors and nurses didn’t bother to cover up Doris’ lower half with a sheet. Without that sheet, Gene could see everything that was going on down below. The sight of blood, bodily fluids, the placenta, umbilical cord, and everything else that comes along with the baby was enough to nearly make him pass out. Even the doctors and nurses were more concerned about his well-being than his wife’s. This firsthand experience gave him a newfound respect for women and everything they go through. 

I asked if he had any pictures to go along with his story, for this gruesome tale of blood and guts interested me. He just looked at me crazy-eyed. I said it’s important to document such events, so you can look back upon it later in life and fully appreciate it. Jessie says there’s nothing in the world that would make her want to ever look at those pictures. 

Even if we don’t personally look at them, I figure they could come in handy in the future. If our unmarried, teenage daughter ever has the urge to become pregnant, I can whip out these pictures, shove them in her face, and say, “Is this what you want?! Does this look like fun to you?! Huh?! Huh?! Does it?!”

Click here and see what comes out after the baby and tell me if you still think having a baby is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment