February 27, 2011

Flex Those Muscles

Back in college, I was big on going to the gym and working out. I’d go there 5 times a week for roughly 2 hours each time. I even had a fitting nickname, Flex, which was given to me by some random guy while playing a game of basketball. The name stuck and from that point on, that’s what everybody called me, until a few year back.

Ever since being married, working out does not exist in my vocabulary. I’ve already got the woman of my dreams, so who else do I have to impress? While I haven’t exactly gotten chubby or fat, my muscles have definitely loss their mass and definition. I know I should be doing more to maintain my body and health. It’s a bit embarrassing at work when I climb four flights of stairs and come out gasping for air, unable to finish a complete sentence. 

However, I think I’ve found an easy solution to this problem. After visiting my friend Karen and holding her baby for 10 minutes while out for a walk, my biceps were on fire and straining just to hold him up. I realized I had just stumbled across a goldmine and time saver. 

This is the perfect workout for dads like me! I could start a whole new revolution in workout routines that involve babies. Why no one has tried to capitalize on this yet is beyond me. My exercise videos would be titled, “Buff by Baby: Your 10 Minute Workout to a Fitter You.”

No comments:

Post a Comment