February 17, 2011

Less is More

One of the things that I’ve been contemplating in my mind is whether or not to give our baby a shorter name. I still like Rosalyn, but that’s 6 letters that she will have to learn to write. If I were to cut it down to a three-letter name, like Ada or even better, a two-letter name like Di, I figure she could learn how to write her name twice as fast. 

While other kids are still struggling to write their names in first grade, my kid will have already been an expert at it and could turn her attention to other scholarly pursuits. Scholarly pursuits that could eventually pave the way to Harvard, which means it’s time to… you guessed it, update the Harvard Equation!

Developing fetus x (Exercise + Stress + DHA) + (My IQ ÷ Spouse’s IQ)² - √(Two-letter name) = Harvard.

If you want to choose a short name for your child, you’d do well to stay away from the Bible. It contains six 15-letter names, two 16-letter names, one 17-letter name, and one 18-letter name.

To all the Chushanrishathaim’s and Mahershalalhashbaz’s of the world, we salute you, but you’ve got a really, really long road ahead of you if you ever plan on getting into Harvard.

No comments:

Post a Comment