May 20, 2011

This ain't Goodwill

After surveying all the booty my parents hauled in for us, Jessie has decided we have way too much stuff. We have things left over from her sister, things given to us by friends, things we bought ourselves, and a ton of things my parents plan on spoiling the baby with.

Yesterday, one of Jessie’s friends came over in the morning with her baby. Jessie decided to give her friend some clothes she thought we wouldn’t be needing and a pair of socks. That’s cool, if not for the fact that they weren’t just any pair of socks. They were these super duper cute Converse socks. If I had to pick one thing out of all the things we have that I like the best, it would probably be those socks. Argh! Well, at least we still have one pair left.


In the evening, Jessie starts rummaging through the drawers of baby clothes and begins pulling things out left and right, telling me to start giving them away to people who have babies. Whoa! Hold your horses right there! We don’t even know if we really do have more than we need.

We have clothes ranging from newborn all the way up to 24 months, so to me, the stacks of clothes we have are a bit deceiving. I personally don’t think we have too many clothes for each stage of growth. At the very least, it never hurts to have a couple extra onsies in case of an emergency. I tell her to wait and see what our baby needs and doesn’t need before sending off all our clothes. At the very least, we can sell them online and make a quick buck or two out of it!

Is the wife thinking: (a) I'm super tired. (b) Being pregnant sucks. (c) Why did I let my husband buy this ugly mobile? (d) All of the above.




No comments:

Post a Comment