May 7, 2011

Baby in Breech

This past Tuesday was Jessie’s 34th week check-up. The baby’s head still hasn’t turned down. The doctor informed her that if the baby’s head still hasn’t turned down by her 36th week check-up, there’s a good chance that they have to perform a C-section during her 38th week. Apart from neither of us wanting a C-section, my parents would also miss being here during the birth, as their flight tickets aren’t until June 13th.

This is my fault. I should have been more proactive and gone out to buy a flashlight and clothespins. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Who knows, maybe those wacky techniques might actually work. But others have told me to just let nature take its course. We shouldn’t try to force the baby to do anything she doesn’t want. Whatever will be, will be.

Today, Jessie decides she wants to go to another clinic to check on the status of the baby and see if the head’s turned down yet. Given that it’s been only 4 days since her last doctor’s visit, I highly doubt if anything’s changed. But she’s in a grumpy mood this morning and since I haven’t accompanied her to a check-up in awhile, I wisely keep my opinion to myself and decide I could use this opportunity to snap some pictures for keepsake memory. 




In the end, the doctor confirmed that Caitlyn’s head still hasn’t turned down yet. She’s a stubborn little booger, just like her mom and dad. 

In other news, I told my mom about the decision to name our baby, Caitlyn Olivia.

Me: We finally picked a name the baby. It’s Caitlyn Olivia Wu.
Mom: That’s a rather long name.
Me: Well, you don’t have to say the whole thing. You can just call her Caitlyn.
Mom: What does Caitlyn mean?
Me: It means pure.
Mom: What about Olivia?
Me: Elf army.
Mom: Wha-? What’s that?
Me: You know, long pointy ears? Bow and arrows?
Mom: I don’t understand.
Me: Never mind. Olivia means olive tree.
Mom: Why would you name a baby after a tree?

Looks like the name will take some getting used to for my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment