April 2, 2011

Playing Detective

As I’m about to go to the bathroom in our apartment, I notice a drop of liquid on the toilet seat. I can’t decide whether it’s pee or water. I know it’s not from me because I haven’t used the shower yet and always lift up the toilet seat before going. That leaves only one suspect, Jessie! 

I figure since she just took a shower, she must have accidentally gotten some water on the toilet seat, but upon closer inspection, it has a yellowish tint to it. I go back out and ask Jessie if she accidentally peed on the toilet seat. She insists that it wasn’t her and that it probably isn’t even pee. 

I tell her that the liquid is yellow and ask her to go look at it, but she stubbornly refuses. Getting nowhere with my questioning, I decide to bring the evidence to her and get my camera out to take a picture of the mysterious yellow liquid. 

Back in the bathroom, I notice that she didn’t properly flush the toilet either, as the water in it is yellowish too, so I take a picture of it as a reference to go along with the drop on the toilet seat. Armed with my evidence, I confront the wife again. She still refuses to accept responsibility for the pee, but after pressing her hard, she finally folds, and admits that it was probably her. 

She breaks down crying, saying that she can’t help it. Her belly’s so big now that she can’t see what’s going on down there. Oops. I guess my whole bad cop routine went a bit too far. I've forgotten how fragile a pregnant woman's emotions can be during the third trimester.

However, this was far too good to pass up. Since I still have my camera in hand, I decide to snap a few pictures of the crying, guilty party. The way I see it, we can both have a good laugh about this later. It’ll just have to be me having the laugh for now. 

I know, I’m a horrible husband. But I still love the wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment