March 20, 2011

What Sound Does a Rabbit Make?

I’m looking for the perfect stuffed bunny to give to our daughter since she’s born in the year of the Rabbit. On Amazon, I stumbled across one that claims to make authentic bunny sounds. 
Authentic bunny sounds? Do bunnies really make much noise? I used to have two pet rabbits back when I was a kid, and I don’t really remember them making any real noises. At least not any noises that would seem appealing enough to put into a stuffed bunny.

I do some research and find out that rabbits can coo, purr, snort, growl, grunt, and let out a “blood-curdling” scream when scared. Those were the exact words the author used. Yikes! I wonder if the authentic bunny sound used in the toy is a blood-curdling scream. 

Me: What sound does a cow make?
Daughter: Moo!
Me: What sound does a dog make?
Daughter: Ruff ruff!
Me: What sound does a duck make?
Daughter: Quack quack!
Me: What sound does a rabbit make?
Daughter: AAAHHEEEEIIOOOOYY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment