March 17, 2011

Confessions of an Online Shopper

I’ve decided to help Jessie out by looking for clothes online for the baby. I know I said I’d let her handle it, but since she’s been a bit more busy at work and tired at home, I decided it was my responsibility to pick up the slack. 

Buying clothes has proved just as frustrating as deciding between car seats and crib mobiles. Jessie has a “wait and see” method of shopping. She’ll look for clothes, see something she likes, and then wait to see if the price will become lower or if she can find something better. How long this waiting process is, I’m not exactly sure. You might as well ask her the question, “How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll pop?” The world may never know.  

This is an extremely flawed method. It’s already hard enough to find something cheap and good that’s available. But because of her “wait and see” method, every time we would finally begin to checkout our purchase, we would find out that it had just been sold out. This would lead us back to square one where we would repeat the whole process of looking, waiting, seeing, checking out…doh! Sold out. It’s obvious we’re not the only ones out there scrounging around for cheap deals. 

That’s when I decided to introduce her to the “don’t think, just buy” method of shopping. In a short matter of time, we were able to buy all the necessary clothes needed for the first few months. On the other hand, I dread the credit card bill that will be coming next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment