December 3, 2010

To Be or Not To Be

To those wondering or concerned, your fearless expert has made it back into the good graces of his wife, and more importantly, back into the bedroom. Sleeping on the couch gives me these painful neck cricks.

In hindsight, I think a lot of my struggles lie in the fact that I still act and think like a middle school kid even though I am a grown man. The wife constantly says that when the baby comes, she’ll be raising two kids instead of one. She drove this point home as we were having dinner.

We were having hotpot at a restaurant and saw a man that looked very similar to her sister’s boyfriend. I said it would be funny if we secretly took a picture of the man and the woman he was with, show it to her second sister, Anita, and say that we caught her boyfriend cheating with another woman. The wife rolls her eyes and says this is exactly why I get in trouble so often and why no one can take me seriously.

In my defense, this skill of mine allows me to better understand and connect with the age group I work with on a daily basis. However, I understand her concern. It's time to be a man, not a man-child. But that can wait until after I show her sister the photos I took!

No comments:

Post a Comment