December 21, 2010

Christmas Comes in January

My parents are coming to visit us on Jan. 21 for a month. While they get along well with Jessie, it’s still stressful on us because our apartment is small enough as it is with only the two of us. We won’t really have privacy anymore or the ability to do whatever we want. Everything has to be planned around them. I’m sure most people can relate to this.

But this time, I’m actually looking forward to them coming. Mainly because I know they’ll help out with buying baby clothes and other baby related products. My dad has even offered to buy us a new camcorder so we can record the big moment. I feel a bit sleazy to be using them like this, but hey, who am I to deprive them of pampering their future grandkid. I redeemed myself later when he asked if I wanted an iPad for Christmas, but politely refused.

I’ve been keeping a close eye on all our money transactions, and it disappears frightenly fast. After paying rent and bills, we’re lucky if we even have a few bucks left over. If we weren’t at her mother’s house for dinner so often, we’d probably be down at the soup kitchen trying to score a free meal. 

I can see why Jessie’s constantly worried about money and why she refuses to quit her job. I don’t even want to think about the money we’re going to have to fork over for this kid. Therefore, whenever my parents offer to buy something, I shall gladly thank them and accept. 

I’m thinking of writing out a wish list, but that might be pushing their goodwill a bit too far.

No comments:

Post a Comment