December 5, 2010

Call of the Wild

Today’s our fourth visit to the doctor. Jessie’s approximately 13 weeks pregnant now. The doctor arrives and we’re able to see our baby’s heart beating on the sonogram, which was pretty cool. However, we can’t hear the heartbeat because we’re in a different room this time that doesn’t have a sound system. Guess you can’t have your cake and eat it too.

Later that night, my mom calls and asks how the check-up went. I told her we were able to see our baby’s heart beating, and it was strong. Strong like a herd of galloping, wild mustangs on the Western plains. Strong as a lion on the plains of the savannah as it pronounces its reign over the animal kingdom with a mighty roar.

My mom seems to be enjoying the mental picture I paint for her of wild mustangs and lions. I’m just fulfilling my filial duties.

No comments:

Post a Comment