June 12, 2011

The Defense Rests

I would have posted, in the last entry, pictures of the painful expressions that Jessie has when she’s breastfeeding, but I had been advised not to even think about it. Physical violence, including broken legs and arms would soon follow if I did.

I’ve been getting a lot of heat from Jessie lately over the pictures I’ve been posting. She says she has no make-up, is fat, looks ugly, etc….According to her, I’m just having a good laugh at her expense. Well, I beg to differ! And I’m here to state my case.

What I’m doing is accurately capturing the true essence of what a woman goes through during and after pregnancy. Is that not a noble cause? If I followed her guideline of not taking any pictures unless she’s got make-up on, is dressed-up nicely, is in a good mood, and looks picture perfect, there would be absolutely no pictures to look fondly back upon years from now.

Why would you want to fool yourself and others into thinking pregnancy is a glamorous experience? It’s not. Pregnancy is a punishing ordeal. No one expects you to look your best.
Take it as a badge of honor.

If Mother Nature intended pregnant women to look like they were entering a beauty pageant, then she would have done so. But she didn’t. And besides, I think you look beautiful! Make-up or no make-up. Big belly or flat belly. Nice clothes or tattered clothes. You are and will always be the loveliest person to me! Is that not enough for you?

I rest my case. 

Here’s a picture that received Jessie’s stamp of approval (probably because she's not in it). After spending an hour diligently squeezing her breasts, this is how much she was able to extract. Two sips is better than no sip, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment