February 22, 2012

A Valentine's Day Surprise (cont'd)

“Wow! This hotel is nice!”
“The bathtub is super huge!”
“I haven’t had such a relaxing bath in a long time.”
“I think you should try doing this next time. You’ll like it.”
“You’re the best!”

If you haven’t figured it out by now, yours truly was able to convince the wife to stay at the hotel and judging by her comments afterwards, she was probably glad I had forced her to go.

After all, most of her fears were unfounded. We were able to buy the furniture we needed and have them assembled at our new place, I was able to pack away most of our things in the days leading up to Saturday, and the baby was fine with just me. I don't mean to humble brag, but I was right as usual and she was wrong. In other words, In...your...face...woman!!!!

Along with this small victory, we’ve gotten an unexpected surprise from Caitlyn. Ever since my parents left, we’ve noticed that she’s done a complete 180° and has, seemingly out of the blue, decided to let people start holding her. She’ll even reach her hands out to be held by them, something that you wouldn’t have seen her doing a mere week ago.

Am I dreaming? Somebody pinch me! I thought happy endings only happen in fairy tales. Maybe being in constant contact with my parents for such an extended period of time has finally made Caitlyn comfortable enough to be with other people.

Looks like having a date night with the wife is slowly becoming more and more of a feasible possibility!

Happy baby, tired Grandpa
Posing at the park
 
An extremely happy baby
First time eating a a cereal puff
 
Is there anything Grandpa can't do?
But I don't wanna crawl anymore!

Go go go! 10 more push-ups!
Can't you just hold me?

No comments:

Post a Comment