March 6, 2012

Easy as 1, 2, 3

The past two weeks or so have been busy packing and unpacking boxes as we made the move to our new apartment. 25 big boxes to be exact. 25 big boxes that were all packed and unpacked by yours truly. This will be my fifth time moving in five years and hopefully the sixth time will be the last. The wife is tired of being a vagabond as well and we’ve been talking about buying our own place.

This is good news because that means I can finally do some serious decorating to our daughter’s room. We’ve been holding off on doing anything major because it wouldn’t be worth it if we’re just going to be moving again. I’ve already begun looking at different ideas and color schemes, and it comes as no surprise that the wife and I are already butting heads on what exactly constitutes good taste.

In the end, we reached a compromise. She promised that I could decorate Caitlyn’s room however I pleased if I let her decorate the rest of the house. That’s a tempting offer, but what about my Batcave that I was planning? Can I still have that?

Besides having lots of boxes to unpack, moving to a new place also means having to make new friends. Thankfully, having a baby makes the usually awkward process as simple as 1, 2, 3. You just head to the nearest park, sit there with your baby, and chances are, another mommy will approach you and start asking about your baby.
VoilĂ ! You have a new friend.

The other day, we went to the park and I saw another mom with her baby there. I confidently told the wife that I was going to go and make friends with her. She just laughed and went off to get lunch for us, leaving me by myself with my little wingbaby.

Following my aforementioned technique, I nonchalantly played with Caitlyn on the bouncy spring horse next to the mommy, and sure enough, after a few minutes, she started asking how old our baby was and the usual slew of questions that usually follow. Soon, we had a nice little conversation going just as the wife was coming back with our lunch. Like I said, easy as 1, 2, 3. 

On your mark, get set, go!
Catch the ball!
 
Bubbles are scary!
Pop the bubbles!
 
Climbing up the ramp
Whee!
 
Reach for the sky
Kisses from Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment