September 19, 2011

Car Seat Controversy

It appears we have someone posing as a resident car seat expert in our house. Unfortunately for her, she forgot who she was dealing with.

Jessie: I don’t think our baby likes your car seat. You should have listened to me when I said to buy the other one.
Me: What’s wrong with the car seat? Caitlyn seems to like it.
Jessie: It’s not slanted enough. The car seat almost seems upright.
Me: No, if it was upright, her head would be flopping around, which it’s not.
Jessie: You only want what you want!! You don’t care about the baby or her safety!!
Me: Actually, it’s because I care about our baby and her safety that I actually took the time to research and read about the different types and brands of car seat before picking the car seat that I did. That’s seems a tad bit more than just browsing through pictures, like a certain person I know did.
       In fact, the National Highway Traffic Safety Organization states that a car seat should be angled at 30-45 degrees. This is deemed the safest. Any more than that might
allow a child’s body to slide toward the top of the seat during a crash, exposing the head to injury.
       Our Britax car seat is angled at 45 degrees. The most it can possibly recline to while still being safe. If you want a car seat that can be angled more than that, then you are the one that doesn’t care about our baby or her safety. So, the next time you start talking, know your facts first. Boo-yah! In your face! I win again! Apologize!
Jessie: ….sorry…..

Looks like 45 degrees to me
Finally putting the baby carrier to use

Hair gone wild!
'Trouble' is my middle name

Eating her flower
Caitlyn and Harry Hippo
 
Enjoying her weekly swim
The wife covering Caitlyn's cukoo
 
Face-timing with Grandparents
Working out the neck
 
All dressed up!


No comments:

Post a Comment