July 5, 2012

Summer Days

Unfortunately for the wife, the baby has decided to stick with waking up at 6:30 every morning. Fortunately for the wife, I'm on summer vacation now and can be at her beck and call any time she wants. Unfortunately for the wife, that means I have an extra 11 hours of time every day in which I can unintentionally annoy her. And she'll tell you that I don't put a minute of it to waste. Fortunately for the wife, Grandpa and Caitlyn have finally struck a truce. She'll let him hold her, but only if there's a cracker in it for her or when she needs a quick mode of transportation to find Mommy.

Now that we're in the middle of summer, the heat has become quite unbearable for adults and babies alike. But waking up earlier has been a blessing in disguise because now we can leave earlier to do things before it becomes too hot. We've already made a couple trips to the mountains and to the zoo - all coming back before lunchtime.

This would have been unheard of in the past when Caitlyn would wake up at 9. Plus, because most of the trips are just with my dad and Caitlyn, we can get ready and leave a lot quicker than if the wife was involved. Take this one conversation for instance:

(7:40 am)
Me: I'm taking Caitlyn with me and my dad to the mountains this morning.
Wife:
When did you decide this?
Me:
Just now.
Wife:
You haven't changed yet.
Me:
Don't need to. My t-shirt and shorts double as pj's and mountain climbing clothes. Awesome, right?
Grandma:
Did you tell your dad?
Me:
Nope. He's in the bathroom. I'll tell him when he gets out.
(Grandpa gets out of the bathroom)
Me: Hey, you want to take Caitlyn to the mountains right now?
Grandpa:
Sure. Let's go!
Me:
Sweet! See you later, honey!
 Wife: But....
(7:50 am - We're off!)

Had the wife decided to tag along, this is how things would have went down:

(7:40 am)
Me: I'm taking Caitlyn with me and my dad to the mountains this morning.
Wife:
Ok, well, I want to come too.
Me:
No problem. But you’ll have to hurry. I want to get there before it gets too hot.
Wife:
I just need to take a shower and wash my hair.
Me:
Why do you need to wash your hair? We’re just going for a hike.
Wife:
You wouldn’t understand. And then I’ll need to prepare some food for the baby.
Me:
But we’ll be back before lunch.
Wife:
You never know. After that, I’ll have to put on some make-up, do the laundry, and then tidy up the house a bit before we leave.
Me:
Sigh.
(9:40 am)
Wife: Ok! I’m ready to go!
Me:
Forget it! You just ruined everything!

And that is why men are superior to women.

Look! Waterfall!
A couple of mountain hikers


Small island. Big bugs.
View at the top


Long road back
Glad I have my own transporter!


How's my side pose?
Hey there!


Is it time for a nap?
Reading time


What shall we play today?
Can I join?


Will you be my friend?
Wait a minute! That's my toy!

Yo, girl! Call me!
Mountain trail


Best buds
Over the bridge


Smile!
Do we fit in?


Look at the penguin swim!
Brown bear, brown bear


It's too friggin' hot!
Don't even think about
touching my soda!


The camera loves me!
You like my tutu?


Who's the cutest princess?
Me, of course!
Whoa, nelly!





Give a cookie to White
Lightning!
The shirt says it all



No comments:

Post a Comment