April 20, 2015

Hannah Piper Wu Makes Her Grand Entrance

"And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent!" 

These words describe the death of Jesus, but they very well could describe the coming of Hannah Piper Wu because that's exactly what happened right before she came into the world today, Monday, April 20, at 10:13 a.m. There was an earthquake, the building was swaying to and fro, and I'm hiding under the table screaming, "Save me, baby Jesus!"

I suppose our newest addition to the family likes to make a grand entrance.
Perhaps she wanted us to take notice of her. And personally, I don’t blame her at all. We have been neglecting her. When I went back to the States earlier this year, the wife had a long list of clothing to buy for Caitlyn. For baby Hannah? Some bibs. When the wife was pregnant with Caitlyn, I blogged about it all the time. For baby Hannah? I think I made two, maybe three posts max. We both read several books on pregnancy and went to several classes before the wife had Caitlyn. For baby Hannah? I think I just read some comic books to pass the time.

Talk about being shortchanged. Basically, we’ve pretty much done zilch for Hannah. But just to make myself feel better, I’m going to say it’s because we have a lot of hand-me-down clothing from Caitlyn and other people, we already know what to expect, and I’ve actually been so well-behaved that there haven’t been any pregnancy mishaps on my part to blog about.


But now that Hannah is here, I hope that I can treat both of my children fairly. I hope that I don’t play favorites. Both of my children deserve my time and attention equally.  I know it’s not easy. I was the second one in our family. Even though my parents would never admit it, I know my sister set the gold standard in their eyes. They say being second is just the first loser. Hannah maybe have come into this world second, but she’s a winner in my book! After all, you can't have an earthquake as your grand entrance and not be a rock star.




 



No comments:

Post a Comment