November 11, 2011

Healthy Baby, Sick Daddy, Constipated Mommy

Ever since we took Caitlyn to the doctor’s concerning her flexed feet, the wife has been a bit on edge. That’s to be expected, but add a sick husband, a fussy baby, and constipation into the mix, and you’ve got a woman you really don’t want to mess with.

I’ve been inactive for a week now because of a cold. To make sure the baby stays safe, Jessie has kept my contact with the baby to a bare minimum and has made me wear a face mask at all times. I’ve also become reacquainted with my old friend, the couch, at night. My only job is to steer clear of the pair of them, sit at the far end of the room, and not breathe. That means the wife has had to shoulder most of the workload, 24-7.

I feel pretty crummy about this and feel responsible for making her work even more than she already is. While getting sick wasn’t really my fault, I could have done more to take care of myself when I felt myself coming down with something. Instead, I tried to hide my cold and took some Advil, hoping that would make things all better.

It wasn’t until Wednesday, amid the wife's threats, that I was finally forced into seeing the doctor. If I had actually gone to the doctor’s when I first felt sick last Friday, I’d probably be all better by now. Instead, I’m still here sniffling around with a sore throat.

All and all, I’ve got to commend Jessie for dealing with the present situation like the little trooper she is. There hasn’t been any angry backlash, resentment, or angry comments directed towards me, but I know she’s been repressing quite a bit of pent of frustration. A lot of it coming from the fact that we didn’t know if anything was wrong with Caitlyn or not.

However, there is light at the end of the tunnel now. Yesterday, Caitlyn had an ultrasound done of her brain and spine, and today, the wife went in to review over the results with the doctor. Everything seems to be OK; we just need to have a follow-up in 3 months time as a precaution. Whew! We dodged a bullet there.

Now that the we can have some peace of mind about Caitlyn’s well-being, and me almost being back to 100%, the only thing left to take care of is the wife's constipation. Nothing a good enema and prune juice won’t take care of in a jiffy!
 
Enjoying the park
Whee!
 
Smile for Daddy!
Someone knows she's cute
 
All smiles
How could you not smile along?
 
Playing with her crinkly paper
When are you going to start crawling?

No comments:

Post a Comment