September 14, 2015

It was a Good (Fri)Day

Just waking up in the morning gotta thank God
I don't know but today seems kinda odd


But it wasn’t odd because the dogs weren’t barking or because there wasn’t any smog, or even because Momma cooked breakfast with no hog. No sir, Mr. Ice Cube, the reason today (or rather the last two Fridays) seemed odd was because I didn’t hear any crying at all coming from Caitlyn as we got ready for school.

That’s right folks! I was finally able to snap those back-to-school photos! And they were only a week late. And here I was foolishly thinking that it would take over a month. Granted she’s cried on all the other days, but they were only for very short periods of time. We’re slowly, but surely getting there.

Now that we’ve gotten the tears and picture taking out of the way, we can move on to other matters of importance, such as speaking up in class. They had open house this past Saturday at Caitlyn’s school. Her English teacher says she has yet to hear a peep come out of her mouth. Like I said, slowly but surely we’ll get there.


I wonder what her first words to her teacher will be. Reminds me of the joke about the kid who didn’t speak for years until one day, he said, “Pass the salt, please.” And when the dad asks how come the kid hadn’t spoken before that moment, he answered that there hadn’t been a need to speak up until now. I can picture Caitlyn’s first words to her teacher being something akin to that.




 


 


 





 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment