January 13, 2014

Play pals

The good thing about having your sister-in-law and her two kids live in the same apartment building as you is that your child always has someone to play with. Caitlyn is finally at that age where she wants to play with others instead of living in her own little world. Either the wife’s sister will send her kids up or we send ours down. Plus, there’s always dinner at Grandma’s for them to get together to play.

However, now that they’ve moved to Germany for the next two years, Caitlyn needs some new play pals. As much as the wife says I act like a four-year-old, I’m still no replacement for the real thing. Kids definitely need to play with other kids.

From what I’ve heard from my wife, Caitlyn has a best buddy at school, Ying-ying. She helps him put on and take off his clothes, helps him eat during lunch, picks toys and books for him to play with, and takes a nap with him. It all sounds so adorably cute. I wish someone would record it.

Just last week, I was able to get off work early and went to go pick her up from school. They were at the park at that time, so I quietly snuck behind some bushes to watch, hoping to see Caitlyn and her best bud in action together.

Unfortunately, it must have been an off-day for the two of them because they were just doing their own separate thing. But it did touch my heart to see her happily running around with her other classmates. Baby steps.

Now to find some other play pals Caitlyn can consistently play with.


Peek-a...
Boo!
 
Copy...
Cat!
 
Chillin'
The Mav & C.O.W.
 
All aboard!
Let me show you how to drive
 
Perfect smile
Go crazy!
 
Peace out!
Hanging around
 
Hello down there!
Give me a push?
 
Stand up
 Sit down
 
Swinging away
1,2,3, go!
 
Almost there
Whee!
 
Keep turning
Play pals
 
Clap your hands if you're happy
Yee-haw!
 
Smile for the camera
Love you Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment