January 8, 2013

The Decision Reversed

It’s been about a month since Caitlyn has been to Montessori school. In the end, the wife finally decided it best to leave the place because she was fed up with their indifference and the way they ran things. I suppose I should have seen it coming after all the times she would come home complaining about the place.

At first, it wasn’t bad because my parents were still here to help keep her company and give the wife some free time, but now that they’ve left, it’s back to just Mommy and Caitlyn again. The wife has mulled over returning quite a few times, especially after the school called several times asking her to come back, but she’s come to the conclusion that things won’t change.

I’ve tried to convince her that it’s best for our baby to go there to become more socialized even though the wife’s not completely happy with the place, but the deciding factor is probably the amount that it costs to send her there. We’ve already gone way over budget with buying our house and all the renovations done to it, so there really isn’t any money left to send Caitlyn to daycare.


The wife is hoping that now that we’ve moved back closer to her family, Caitlyn will get more of a chance to be around them, with everyone chipping in to help take care of her. This will help keep her busy and stimulated.

So far, it’s been great. There’s been a definite change in Caitlyn’s disposition as of late. She’s less clingy, whiny, and overall, is in a pretty happy mood the majority of the day. The best part is how she’ll now immediately come to me after I get back from work and take my hand to go play with her. I suppose it was only a matter of time before she finally realized who the fun person in the family was.


Caitlyn and a princess
Immersed in her sing-along songs
 
Welcome to the "I was able
to hold Caitlyn!" club
Bundled up


I'm a happy baby!
Eh....

No comments:

Post a Comment